Sunday 10 January 2021

Monday 11th January 2021

Hola Harrier Class, (hola means hello in Spanish)

Here are your home learning tasks for today.

Please send me your home learning work by emailing me at:

missjackson2020@carlton-in-snaith.n-yorks.sch.uk

Phonics

Today, we are starting our Set 3 sounds. If your child struggles with any of the sounds, please let me know so that I can support you. 

Practice the sound ‘ea’ 

Phonics 'ea' worksheet 

Phonics challenge: Can you use one of these words containing the special friend 'ea' to write your own sentence?

clean, dream, seat, scream or real

You might want to have a look at Oxford Owl to support your child’s learning.

Reading - Lesson 1
Please select the relevant group:

Mrs Bramley - On the bus

Your turn to read - 'On the bus'


Miss Jackson - Tag

Your turn to read - 'Tag'


Mrs Whaley - 
Robin Hood

Your turn to read - 'Robin Hood' 


At school we read our books three times over the week:

First read - we learn how to read the words.
Second read - we develop expression and fluency
Third read - we develop comprehension and understanding to help the children to answer questions about the book.

Note: I will post another video for all reading groups later this week where we will focus on comprehension.

Remember to read every day!


Maths

Maths Challenge

Maths Challenge - Answers
1) 14
2) 16
3) more
4) square

Hit the Button - Play: Make 10 (click number bonds and then make 10)


Lesson 1
 – Add by making 10 activity

- Teaching Video 

Task: Watch the teaching video. Then make some of your own number problems using the ten frames. 



My Maths
- Number bonds task.
(If you have forgotten you login please let me know and I will send this to you)


English


Read our model text of the 'Three Billy Goats Gruff'. 


Task: In your best handwriting, tell me which part of the story was your favourite and why.

Wider Curriculum

Computing

Today, I need you to be editing detectives. Editing is just like using a rubber. It allows you to get rid of any words or letters that you no longer want on your computer. 

Can you find these keys?

Here is a message that I wanted to send you but Mrs Whaley thinks that I might have made some mistakes..

helo          Year won! 

i am nott vry gud at typink on a keeeyboarrdd.,. 

pleaese can yoo hlp em


Mrs Whaley thinks that you are going to be really good at editing and said that you would help me to edit my message. Please can you edit my message using your arrows, backspace and delete button?

Adults - Copy and paste my message onto a word document so that your child can edit this message.


Extra challenge: Your adult has tried really hard to write a sentence but they have missed out capital letters, full stops... and they have even spelt some words wrong! Can you edit there work?


Stay Active

Exercise for 20-30 minutes. Go for a walk, run around, dance or play football. Anything that makes your heart beat really fast!

Go Noodle - Jump

 

Take care and stay safe,

 

Miss Jackson 

No comments:

Post a Comment